Thursday 9 December 2010

Cheer up!

I meant to do this blog last week but decided to have a bit of a break before writing it. You see last week we lost our dog, he was old suffering a lot and it was the best thing for him. Now anyone who has owned a dog or a cat you would know that it's one of the things that hits you hard, you become so attached as you have them around for years and year, they seem like part of the family. So I was feeling down that day, had a lot of memories about him as he was part of my life for well over 15 years. So I spent the day remembering some of my memories about him, I could go on for days and days about the funny stories that he's been involved in. What probably hit me most was the fact he was 'my' dog in a sense, he would do his own little protest when I would leave for University and when I was back he would stay around me including staying up with me when everyone else went to bed.

Now, the reason for this blog is that later on in that day I would turn around in a way and would feel better which made me realise everyone has their own little ways of getting out of a bad mood so I'll share my ones with you readers.
I've noticed that one of the things I do is put on the Batman film 'The Dark Knight' this is one of, if not my favourite film of all time. I've loved this film since I first saw it in a cinema with the back row falling apart, I've loved it since going to my union with people to watch it on a big screen again, I've loved it since I brought it on DVD, I simply love this film. It's gotten to the point where I can say pretty much every line. I don't know what is it about the film, the great storyline, the big twists, the beautiful use of psychology or the amazing acting which includes one of the best performances I've ever seen by Heath Ledger as the Joker. So when I'm down and got plenty of time I'll throw that film on and will love every second of it.

There's also one more thing I do when feeling down and I don't have 2 plus hours to kill. Now this is kinda silly but it means something to me. In my draw I have 2 letters, it doesn't matter if I'm in Sheffield or Leicester I take those letters with me. The first is from my friend Grace who gave me a hand made card for my 21st birthday, in this card she wrote my some truly awesome stuff that I can read over and over again. There's times when you know something went into what you reading and this is one of those times, don't want to go into to much detail but it means a lot to me.
The second letter came from my friend Sarah, she sent me this note when she was sending a birthday card to my friend Chaz. This came during the summer after a pretty hectic time that was our 2nd year at Uni and what she wrote meant a lot. As I said with Grace's letter you sometimes get the feeling that a person but some thought into what they were writing and this was one of them. This is also a letter that I go to when I'm not liking myself (which is not as often as it was years ago) but it makes me feel great about myself.

Those are my main ways I can change my mood from bad to good. Everyone has their own methods, this can be a movie that they love watching, a certain ritual they go through we all know of the stereotype of girls sitting down eating ice cream to cheer themselves up. Mine is simply a film that I love watching and letters that mean a lot to me, I'm sentimental at heart so that may be why the letters help so much. There can be some other things that can cheer me up a bit but when I'm truly down I resort to these methods as it helps me out loads.

This blog was really done to let me express myself a bit after my dog had died, since I pretty much live alone there's not a lot of times I can express myself when something happens. I have plenty of friends who say if you ever need help I'm there but with something like this it's not something you should call up friends over in my view. So this blog has let me express myself and also allowed me to say what helped me got over it in a way, not saying I'm completely it and going home for Christmas will be a try test as he won't be there but for right now I'm looking at the positives. He may be gone but he's not forgotten and he's no longer in any sort of pain.

Once again, if you read this I thank you very much and please let me know what you. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment