Saturday 16 October 2010

Tattoo's

If you know me, or even meet me, you will know that I love the art of tattoos. I currently have 9 tattoos and although I've ran out of ideas will likely add on. Now onto the reason for this blog, all my tattoos have a certain amount of meaning to me and I just want to share what they mean to me as well as a recent addition that I haven't gone through with and unsure if I should just yet.

Lets start with what I got first and that's my heart wrapped in barbed wire on my right forearm which I got less than a week after my 18th birthday. Not that much detail behind the choice, I saw it and loved it. But like any first it has a special meaning to me. I knew ages before getting it that I wanted a heart with barbed wire involved as a tattoo and so that was the first one I got.

Now number 2, my red and blue yin-yang on my upper right arm which has gained meaning with my latest tattoo. Anyways I'm a strong believer in a balanced world, everyone has some good in them and some bad. Now my belief is that some have more good than bad and vice versa but the balance is still there. The tattoo has been called a pepsi symbol as if you turn your head sideways it might look look like pepsi symbol. It's a good thing I love pepsi hey. The addition to the yin-yang was my number 9 a purple rose that curves around it. I found the design online and thought it would fit my yin-yang perfectly plus the yin-yang was a bit plan and in your face. The reason for the choice is that roses are my favourite flower, was told that's weird for a guy by the tattooist at the time, and purple is my favourite colour. But there is another reason, when you combine the 2 the tattoo's tell a little message, if you have the right balance of good and bad then you can get something beautiful. This may be me adding more meaning for the sake of it but what the hell.

Number 3 is 2 vampires fighting over a heart which takes up the whole of my upper left arm. A little story on this one, I found a design that I loved and after my first year at Uni I decided that I should get something to remember it so I took my design and was told it wouldn't work as a tatt. So I told him what I liked and he designed me this and it looked amazing and was even better when tattooed, now he wanted to do a lot more including colour however after the first session cost me so much I decided not to continue. It looks awesome as it is and I think colour would actually ruin it. I can't describe it but its great in my view. On another note one boring day in the house last year I decided to name the vampires so the female is called Ryoko, after my favourite character from Tenchi Muyo, and the male is called Akinobu, a Japanese name that means Autumn wisdom.

We now come to my charm bracelet tattoo that was number 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. The first symbol was a Ankh which is the Egyptian symbol meaning life. The next 2 were Japanese symbols meaning love and strenght, 2 very important factors in life in my view. The next symbol was the symbol for Omega which is Greek for the end but I had it for another reason, Omega is the lowest rank in a pack of animals like wolfs or lions. Now I take it as it maybe the lowest rank there but its still dangerous so you may be low in some eyes but your high in others. Now to the final part of it is the letters L.R.K.P which stand for Loose Raven King of Punk, I will explain as it's one of the questions I'm asked a fair bit.
The L.R.K.P. stands for the 4 idols of my life who have influenced a great deal. The 'Loose' is for Brain Pillman who was called the Loose Cannon, Brain spent a time in his life acting completely off the wall however he was a smart, funny and compassionate man he just hid it well. The lesson is taught me was that sometimes you just have to act and you shouldn't over think yourself and be impulsive. The 'Raven' comes from Scott Levy, who has the quintessential drug abuser, rocker look however he's one of the smartest people you'll ever meet. This taught me that you really can't judge a book by it's cover, you have to get to know people before you can judge anything. The 'King' comes from Eddie Moore, he's a very emotional man and wears his heart on his sleeve. This taught me that sometimes it's a good thing to let your emotions get the better of you and to express yourself. The 'Punk' comes from Phil Brooks who is Straight-Edge, as silly as it sounds I learnt that you don't need to use drink to have a great time when your out, this is especially meaningful as I used to always drink when out with my friends back home as everyone was drinking however recently I spent entire nights without touching a drop and loved it just as much. Now they have all taught me more but those are the main reasons behind the tattoo.

Now onto the addition that I haven't got done. I recently wanted to add a JC underneath my letters. The JC comes from a man called JC Bailey who recently passed away, the story was so sad and meaningful in a sense. Let me explain, JC was known as a truly awesome person a truly nice guy who just loved what he did for a living, he was a professional wrestler. He made some mistakes and ended up in jail. He was in jail until December last year and it shows you how much he loved wrestling as he appeared on a show less than 24 hours after getting released. It was truly his year, he was getting the acknowledgement that he deserved as one of the best. I recently watched a interview with him and he explained that he made mistakes and he wanted to move on, settle down and start a family be completely clean and just enjoy life. This makes the fact that he died even sadder in my view. The whole thing meant a lot to me and so thought about getting JC tattooed on my, I'm still undecided at this present time as too whether or not I should get it, money is a issue as well but will make my choice in the near future.

Before I go there's one more thing that's on my mind and that's designing tattoos. I've designed tattoos for 2 people, one was for my friend Annabel. As much as I loved doing it it didn't test my creativity that much because she wanted something that was so simple to do, it didn't take me long to design her about 5 and she now has them. I don't know if she's got it done yet but she has them none the less. Now onto the first designs I did, I had just received a lot of money and decided to treat people who meant a lot to me. Me and my friend Sarah agreed to go the extra mile for x-mas present so as we talked we agreed that I would design and pay for her tattoo as a x-mas present. The design was originally a rose and heart design, after I showed her them she liked them but she changed where she wanted to get it and what she wanted. So after doing about 5 rose/heart designs she changed to a butterfly design. When we next met up which was a couple of months later (we didn't get it done by x-mas it was months later but that was expected) I had about 15 designs to show her. I loved doing them as each butterfly was special in it's own way and when I showed her she couldn't pick just one. She did make her decision and got it done, now I wished I was there when she got it done but we were in 2 different cities and she had to just fit it in when she could. Anyways the reason why I'm explaining this is that this whole thing means so much to me. To have someone trust me enough to design a tattoo that she'll have forever and to have her love it means so much to me, I put a lot of work into the designs because it was her who I was designing for. Not saying that I wouldn't of put that much effort into desiging other peoples tattoos but I consider Sarah one of my closest and best friends I have so I wanted it to be perfect. I'm so proud of it that the picture on my phone will be shown to anyone who will look. It meant a lot to me and I hope it means a lot to her.

If you take the time to read this, thank you and please let me know what you think. I know this is a long one but it was on my mind and wanted to express it. Leave me a comment either on here or on my facebook. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment