Sunday 2 January 2011

It's a New Year and nothing's gonna change

OK so it's officially 2011 and most people are going through the usual routine of saying all the changes their gonna do this year. Well I'm not one of them and I know some other people who are the same as we talked about the subject on New Years Eve. Now there's one main reason why I'm not in that mood of changing is because over the last year I've already changed. Over 2010 I've gone through several changes, the main one for me is that I'm losing weight. I started the year as size 38 jeans and am now down to size 34, although I haven't noticed it myself that much lots of others have. Now this had lead to me feeling a bit more confident and just generally being happy pretty much all the time.

So basically what I'm saying is why would the fact we've moved from 2010 to 2011 make me change anything else, I've already made big changes and there paying off so why would I change again? Now I know many other people like to use the New Year to motivate themselves into changing however it doesn't happen, pretty much everyone breaks their resolutions during the year. Look changes occur when their meant to, it can be the smallest thing that can effect your life and make changes for the better New Years shouldn't do it for you.

Now before I go I would like to share what I actually did on New Years Eve. You see the last 2 years before this one I went out with friends, lots of alcohol and lots of drama and basically I didn't like them one bit really. This year was different, I went round Sarah's and we had a quiet night with her flatmate Ant and his friend Hayley. Got a take away, had the odd drink nothing big, played some games and watched the New Year come in, we also started to watch Mars Attack on TV after New Years and thought it was really funny and probably for the wrong reason. I enjoyed the night it was fun and to be honest I preferred it more then going out into a busy bar/club and getting wasted.

So I'll wrap this up. Hope you all had a good New years eve and enjoyed reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment